I have found that inspiration has been squeezed out of me like an orange in the juicer since I started work. Training has reminded me of lectures at university. I was glad for the chance to write on this topic, as ideas have not come to me daily as when I was unemployed. After work all I have room for in my overloaded brain is the satisfaction that can be gained with food and sleep.
The award is for those with less than 200 followers and comes from the German for “beloved” and “favourite” – liebe is to like, if my beginners German is correct…I am glad to have the chance to advertise other blogs which I enjoy reading and which I hope you will.
Here are the rules to accepting the award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
7. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Facts about myself
1. I have blonde hair
2. I have blue eyes
3. I am badly long-sighted. The optician recommended thick lenses and I made a massive fuss so he gave me lenses that look thin at a discount!
4. I wanted to be a clown when I was 5 – I wanted to make people laugh like they did at the parties I attended. I still make people laugh, but usually unintentionally.
5. I read the Famous Five Series by the time I was 6.
6. I started learning the piano when I was 7.
7. I wrote a trilogy when I was about 7 called Twinkleberry the Elf. Sadly it was lost when we gave it to a family friend as a present. I remember one chapter where Twinkleberry gets locked in a cage in a lion pit and has to magic his way out…
8. I read the Lord of the Rings when I was 11. My favourite bit was where Frodo got stabbed, I had adrenaline going! I didn’t understand most of it but liked the fantasy of it.
9. I watched my first horror film aged 14 and was scared of sleeping in the dark for a while after!
10. I was too scared to try snails in France – the black slug peeping out of the baguette was more than I could take and I started crying! I was about 11…
11. I have never had a TV, which explains most of the above…
Here are some of the blogs I follow. Apologies if I have missed you out or if you have more than 200 followers – as I’m new to the blogging game I haven’t been able to see the number of followers on some blogs, especially given it’s getting late and I’ve worked today…
I would like to present the Liebster Blog Award to (in no particular order)…
1. http://ladybuglizziegail.wordpress.com/ The lovely lady who nominated me – she blogs on a variety of topics from anime to vampires.
2. http://davidanaturephotography.wordpress.com/ A photographer with great perspective, focussing on still life and nature shots.
3. http://wtpho.com Amazing travel photos, the latest ones of Vancouver reminded me of my lovely trip last year…
4. http://itsaneuthing.wordpress.com/ Engaging opinions on EU news.
5. http://eyespeak4u.wordpress.com/ Interesting insights into daily life – I particularly liked it when she wrote a post showing the perspective of her child on an issue, it was refreshing. WordPress is full of dull diaries but this stands out, as does the following link:
6. http://missyhren.wordpress.com/engaging witty writing of an unemployed graduate.
7. http://lifeonabranch.wordpress.com/diary of a graduate on minimum wage, as I am! I like the latest post on how to spend in thrift stores.
8. http://happilyeversingle.wordpress.com/If any of my readers are unhappy about being single I refer them to this blog, this lady looks on the bright side of life.
9. http://theonlyenglishmaninthevillage.wordpress.com/ I once considered English language teaching abroad, here is someone’s experience of it.
10. http://eharmono.wordpress.com/A laugh-out-loud look at online dating.
11. http://chinupchesthigh.wordpress.com/ As described on his blog “a 30 something’s guide to self discovery” a bravely written psychological eye-opener.
Eleven Questions for Me
1. What superpower do you wish you had?
I wish I had the superpower that the main character of Limitless has and of course without the side effects. That is, to be able to understand everything and for all information to just sink into your spongey brain. Right now mine feels more akin to a brick.
2. Favorite television show?
As stated before, I’m not bothered about TV and I still don’t have one so I watch Iplayer occasionally. My guilty secret? I enjoy Don’t Tell the Bride! Entertaining programmes don’t have to be intellectual. I’m not someone that has dreamed about their wedding since they were little! I like the comedy of a hapless boy of a man being given £12 000 to spend on a wedding which he has no idea about. Oh the drama. Oh the dress disasters.
I’m looking forward to watching the one I have linked, about a guy who gambles on whether to do the wedding in Las Vegas. He wins and so the decision is made, but will his fiancee marry him in Vegas at a tacky ceremony?? or will he be down on his luck??
3. Cats or Dogs?
Neither, both seem a pain to look after although I don’t mind other people’s.
4. What was your favorite subject in elementary school?
5. Zombies or Vampires?
Neither, they’re both ridiculous.
6. What is one book you can not live without?
JK Rowling’s Harry Potter – any of them. She’s the most skilled writer ever.
7. Are you a morning or a night person?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I don’t think I’ve seen enough of the world to know. I liked New Zealand’s laid-back lifestyle though!
9. Superman or Batman
Superman, I prefer predictable hero to troubled tortured soul.
10. Android or Itunes
?? No technology at all preferably, it always breaks.
11. Who is your hero ??
My boyfriend 😀
My 11 questions to you, my esteemed bloggers (many of whom are also my followers, I salute you for that)
1. If you could be invisible what would you do?
2. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be and why?
3. What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you?
4. What’s a quirky fact about yourself?
5. What do you find most enjoyable? e.g. hobby
6. What does success mean to you?
7. How do you save money?
8. Do you live life for now or save for the future?
9. How did you meet your other half OR what’s the best thing about being single?
10. What makes you feel confident?
11. If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you’d do?
I also welcome answers to these questions from other readers.
Thank you again to LadyBugDreams who made my dream of winning a blogging award come true! Thank you also to all my followers who inspire me to keep writing. Now I must go, as my brain has returned to nudging me about sleep, now that the food part is content.